Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Internship!

This past week my boss went on vacation, so I was asked to fill in for her while she was gone. Here is how  it works at Henson, my boss is the Coordinator of Children's Television and her boss is the Executive President of Children's Television. So for the past week I was assisting the Executive President of Children's Television and she was so awesome! She is one of the nicest people ever but she also is such a strong, powerful woman that kicks ass! So she asked me if I would want to sit in on a few of her meetings with her, I was like "uhhh YES!" So I got to sit in on a writers meeting, a  development meeting, and a few animation reviews with Craig Bartlett (the creator of Hey Arnold).  It was an amazing experience to witness how the industry works and to see so much creativity. I was also happy to realize that  so many of the things I was thinking during the meetings were the things they would suggest or talk about. It just really reenforced that children's entertainment is what I am supposed to do and what I truly love to do. I really can't believe I have gotten to do so much during my internship and I look forward to my last month here. Fingers crossed good things will come :)!


Dinosaur Train is the show Craig Bartlett created that I got to go to the review of.
You should all check it out on PBS :)


No comments:

Post a Comment